Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H'lo folks. I'm Greg 'Scratch' Myles, from Annapolis, Maryland. I had a yellow '02 naked SV650 that I bought new and put 30K miles on, mainly daily commuting and weekend bombing around the backroads. My other bikes are an '01 GL1800 Gold Wing, '03 FZ1, and '06 WeeStrom. I sold the SV to a friend in 2007 to make room for the Wee (used that for a ride to Alaska/Yukon/NWT).

Though the VStrom is a great bike I missed my small, light SV so much that I scrounged around on Craigslist and finally found another one last Friday, in great condition with less than 8300 miles on it. Here's one not-so-good pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3390237523/

Farkling begins immediately.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Addicting little bike, isn't it? Welcome back. Too bad you got another yellow one. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H'lo folks. I'm Greg 'Scratch' Myles, from Annapolis, Maryland. I had a yellow '02 naked SV650 that I bought new and put 30K miles on, mainly daily commuting and weekend bombing around the backroads. My other bikes are an '01 GL1800 Gold Wing, '03 FZ1, and '06 WeeStrom. I sold the SV to a friend in 2007 to make room for the Wee (used that for a ride to Alaska/Yukon/NWT).

Though the VStrom is a great bike I missed my small, light SV so much that I scrounged around on Craigslist and finally found another one last Friday, in great condition with less than 8300 miles on it. Here's one not-so-good pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3390237523/

Farkling begins immediately.
Ahh WTH - why not make it a threesome?

Found another '02 for my other riding friend earlier this month. We're calling ourselves the Screaming Yellow Zonkers.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Saw that, thanks. Like to make it, prolly gonna ride down to Mortons that day instead to help a friend sell her Beemer.
What kind of Beemer? Heard J-Dog might be in the market for a f series 650.

Also does one of you work in DC? I see a 1st Gen yellow w/ topcase on 50 on occasion around 4:30 PM.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of Beemer? Heard J-Dog might be in the market for a f series 650.

Also does one of you work in DC? I see a 1st Gen yellow w/ topcase on 50 on occasion around 4:30 PM.
She's got an '02 K1200LT with about 50K on it. It's at Bob's right now getting a new clutch and that final drive thingie fixed. She hopes to unload it at Morton's open house this weekend.

As for the 1st Gen yellow w/topcase you've seen heading eastbound on 50 around that time of the day - yep, that's most likely me. I commute between Annapolis and Arlington.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wish you luck on the sale.

If you see either a Black Buell 1125CR or a Black '09 Ninja 250 that is probably me. I think I missed the wave yesterday because I caught you out of the corner of my eye at the last moment, sorry about that I'll be sure to keep a closer eye out.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I'll be sure to keep a closer eye out.
As will I.

Look for the Ogre on a black VFR with a funky looking windscreen. :)

Good luck with the sale Scratch, I'd try and help you out, but the K1200 is a wee bit large for the GF to be starting on. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but the K1200 is a wee bit large for the GF to be starting on. ;)
Dig that - my friend's a little small for her KLT as well IMO.

When I sold her my old '02 Yellow SV I added some homemade highway pegs; she put on different handlebars and a National Cycle barn door of windshield. Now she uses it as her touring bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts