Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading a few instructions about how to rejet my bike...I've come to the decision that theres no way in hell I'd be able to do it my self without screw it up really badly. I want to throw in a K&N filter but it says that i would need to rejet it afterwards. How much would a usual shop take to complete the rejetting process? 1hour? 2 hours? I want to get a price estimate to help me decision of whether or not I should get this done or just stick to my stock filter...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think they would want to charge between 2-3 hours labor. I'm sure someone local from the board would give you a hand. If not come up to PA and I can show you how to do it. It's not that hard at all once you have done it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
As long as you're not completely mechanically inept it is doable. Just need a whole lot of patience and time, as the first time it's rejetted isn't always the correct setting, so you'll have to go under the tank again. This may take several tries then a dyno to be sure.

Grav.

·
Registered
109 Posts
shekshishekki said:
So after reading a few instructions about how to rejet my bike...I've come to the decision that theres no way in hell I'd be able to do it my self without screw it up really badly. I want to throw in a K&N filter but it says that i would need to rejet it afterwards. How much would a usual shop take to complete the rejetting process? 1hour? 2 hours? I want to get a price estimate to help me decision of whether or not I should get this done or just stick to my stock filter...
dude, it seems we're on the same page buying stuff! I got a k&N on order from ebay. I heard it doesn't need to be rejetted? I'm just gonna throw mine in when I get it and see what happens. I'm going to OC Saturday morning so I hope it works. We should get togeather to do mods when we've accumulated a bunch. Keep ordering but don't install, we'll install at the same time so neither of us feel bad if the other screws up :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had never worked on a carb in my life up until three weeks ago. I ordered Ivan's kit (HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended) and a K&N. (You won't want to drop in the K&N without jetting the bike, and you don't want to jet the bike unless you are ready to modify the exhaust.)

It's not that difficult but you need alot of patients and a clean, well lit work area.

Regardless, my SV has been transformed and yours will too. ;D

·
Registered
88 Posts
shekshishekki said:
If you don't trust yourself to do it (as in my instance), find a trusted mechanic to do the work for you. I had a jet kit installed on my former ZRX1200R (w/K&N and full Muzzy) and the ZRX ran damn near perfect.... so when I bought my used 2002 SVS, I installed a full Muzzy on it (a special from Muzzy @ $298.00 w/free shipping), dropped in a K&N filter and took it to the same mechanic....$140.00 later, and my SVS is now a fined tuned machine....next step is suspension mods. In hindsight, I wished that I had purchased IVAN's kit, but went with DynoJet (same used in the ZRX carbs). But I'm satisfied with the results... ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts