Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I need some help. As most of you know, I recently got my bike back to riding condition. I am now in the process of getting it registered.

I bought the bike with a salvaged CALIFORNIA title and it has never been registered in texas before. Last inspection was in Hawaii. Previous owner was in the Navy so he got away with it.

My question is, does anyone know of a loophole so that when I apply for a texas title, it will come clean? As in, not be titled as a salvage rebuilt?

The two main reasons I want to do this is 1) the bike is absolute mint condition now and 2) The cali title denotes "Not actual mileage" on title. The bike was wrecked at 9010 miles and a BRAND NEW gauge cluster was installed at time of repair (PO had receipts), so I know the exact mileage.

Any help from people who have magically made salvaged titles clean again would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I live in a very small town where everyone knows the girl who runs our tag office. If I hadn't asked her ahead of time what it took to register an out of state salvaged title, she would not have noticed and it would have been a clean title. Just go in and hand it to them and see what happens.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You will have to get it inspected and obtain a "Green" Sheet first before you can even register an out of state bike. On possibly obtaining a clean title, I have no clue, but you might want to do some research against obtaining a title for a "homebuilt" trailer. Maybe something applies to "homebuilt" vehicles. Other than that, I have no clue.

I saw the pics of your finished ride. Dang fine looking piece of machinery!
:D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will have to get it inspected and obtain a "Green" Sheet first before you can even register an out of state bike. On possibly obtaining a clean title, I have no clue, but you might want to do some research against obtaining a title for a "homebuilt" trailer. Maybe something applies to "homebuilt" vehicles. Other than that, I have no clue.

I saw the pics of your finished ride. Dang fine looking piece of machinery!

:D

yea I got schooled on asking for a green sheet on my last trip to the DMV and the lady thought I was crazy when I mentioned a homebui

1 - 5 of 5 Posts