Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Refusal to start, due to lack of, spark.

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Rentaru 
#1 ·
Previously on my bike is F'd

Went out for small cruise, heard large pop power died. Battery blew. Jump started, spit and sputtered for a hundred feet then completely died.

NEW PARTS:
So far I've changed the R/R to a MOSFET one.
CDI box.
Battery
Relay box next to fuzes($3 part has lots of wires going to it might get lucky)

THE STORY CONTINUES:

Today I worked on the bike was hoping new parts I just installed would fix bike. Spoiler no. However upon first crank of trying to turn on she came alive for 30 seconds. I had rolled the throttle to all the way open figured she was flooded, from trying to crank it previously. Boom she was on, saw 5k and let off the throttle gotta let the oil move before I start the -insert GGEETT IT GGGGEEETT IT meme.- Upon letting go of the throttle bike died. After that I took the coils out and checked the parts the coils are attached to for power and ground and it's got both. But here's the kicker a good sparkplug hooked up and grounded Is showing no spark in both front and rear cylinders All wiring I've checked, has checked out according to multi meter/ book. Stater is good and power is going through bike. Please help 🆘

See less See more
#8 ·
Make sure the engine oil has not got contaminated with fuel?

Once checked try shorting the starter relay with a heavy duty screwdriver with an insulated handle. Keep the battery well charged whilst diagnosing.

#14 ·
So I changed the oil, there is definitely signs of an oil and fuel mix, I bought a 7 quart drain pan and filled up like 7.5 so I'm estimating around 4 quarts of fuel was in my engine. I started crying inside upon seeing this horror scene however after flushing my engine with 2 quarts I put in 3 new quarts, and the engine doesn't even crank just a high pitch whine. I think this fuel pile up was because of my trouble shooting initially,

I was trying to crank the bike over for almost half a day trying to figure out where the power was failing when it would get to the coils, I get no spark from the coils though I've tested this by putting in a known good spark plug on the coil and grounding it no spark I'm at a loss my next step is taking the carb off and sending it to a shop to get them to make it work properly. I have no clue what Im doing with a carburetor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.