Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while im changing the head gasket, I remembered that I have spare 01 cams.

I have an 02, is there anything I can do with spare cams from the same generation. Maybe run all intake cams? Please help, I think theres something I can do, im just not sure.

Thanks

SVmoto

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
SVmoto said:
So while im changing the head gasket, I remembered that I have spare 01 cams.

I have an 02, is there anything I can do with spare cams from the same generation.  Maybe run all intake cams? Please help, I think theres something I can do, im just not sure.

Thanks

SVmoto
Yep, putting intake cams on the exhaust side is a standard and effective mod. There's a thread sticky'ed at the top of this section on how to do it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just wasn't sure because the sticky thread is about 03 cams and I'm just using some from the same year. I can't wait to get this thing together.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Somewhat on topic, does switching cams make any significant impact to MPG? Im weighing my options here..

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Dryer said:
Somewhat on topic, does switching cams make any significant impact to MPG? Im weighing my options here..
Mine got better with the 03 intake cams and 00 intakes cams on the exhaust side.

If you were to do the 02/02 intake cam swap it'd be an improvement, but not as much as the 03/02 intake cams. The 02 intakes have good lift, but the 03's are more. I'd do it...then later on, put in a set of 03's.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just did the cam swap yesterday (about three hours of work including making my own little cam tensioner stopper out of aluminum stock), and I noticed a really marked difference in the bike, it's SO much peppier. For $200 it was an awsome modification.

Ivan's needles next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts