Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually someone asked for pics of my new signals so here ya go. Motrax short stalks with iridium lenses. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the black ones! They mounted easily enough - just drilled out the black plastic mounting plates the originals mount to, cut away the excess plastic on the fronts, soldered the connections and bolted them up. The rear factory (ugly as sin and soon to be replaced) tail section has a metal plate that spans the inside of the fender and holds the signal mounts in place. The factory signals bolt to that but I found that the nut on the new signals was wide enough to secure the plate just fine.
Mods so far - ProTaper bar, bar end mirrors, de-baffled the slip on, new signals. Soon to come will be seat cowl, new under tail, and buell headlight swap.

You can see what a clean install you get by retaining the original mounting plates.

They are small but VERY bright.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how to quantify - I'd say 25% brighter than stock at least. They still have a bulb so no worries about led flash rate correction or anything. My wife was worried about how small they are until I got them mounted and tested - then she thought the stocks had been too dim lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
blue from '03 is the fastest one..."Unique" haters...

Nice signals, I like the muffler too...short is better! and if the bar ends are CRG's +1

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I have a 2007 red S model that I just got the same signals for (black w/ amber lens). I'm waiting until I install my dubtec2 FE to put them on. I also got the indy leads from Cycle Gear to make the install a little easier. I'm looking forward to the change.

Unrelated question: I've seen a few bikes with bar end mirrors under the bar like yours. Don't your hands/wrists block the view of the mirrors?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUick question. What bars are you running on your bike?
Its a black ProTaper Mini Hon bar. I really like it now but at first I thought I'd seriously screwed up due to the change in steering feel and handling. It mounts up fine but you have to unbolt and remove the small bracket the secures the front brake line to the lower triple tree to get enough slack in the line. I've rode it that way for a few thousand miles but will be replacing the lines with custom SS at some point. It does not look that different but the bar tips you forward and a bit more upright and adds quite a bit of leverage.

Will you take a picture of the signals on in daylight?
I'll take some when I get home from work:)

Unrelated question: I've seen a few bikes with bar end mirrors under the bar like yours. Don't your hands/wrists block the view of the mirrors?
I have a clear view of the mirrors - but I think the view with the standard bar might be a bit blocked. The ProTaper has almost no bend to it so the bar ends extend beyond my wrists by quite a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts