Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ain't a-goin to the Rally this year (sucks) but I definitely want a road trip to somewhere.

What sort of cool places might I consider going, east of the Mississippi?
Good roads, good food, and/or scenery.

Throw out some ideas, let's see if I can string anything together!

So far, I'm liking central Kentucky. Daniel Boone National Forest and the home of Bourbon!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You can always come down to Bama. Not the best roads ever, but plenty of scenery and you can always go see the Barber museum in B'ham if you haven't before.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
How about Deals Gap NC, say the first week of June? ;D

Sorry ya won't be at the rally, Trev... :(

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You could always get some books with different and peculiar destinations. I know they have a book called Weird Ohio. I'm sure they have to have something for other states also. Pick out some stuff you want to check out on your way to Kentucky or where ever and make a nice unique trip to fill the time you have to ride.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
well, that's the cool thing about it, you don't NEED a destination!!

just take off THAT way.... then turn left, and go THAT way, and to change it up, then turn right a go THAT way!!

you'd be suprised what's out there!!

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
How about Seneca Rocks?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas!
I'm thinking a week on the road, some sort of loop. Mileage, who knows, 2K?. Probably end of June.
Starting in Pittsburgh.
Central Kentucky looks nice, then maybe hit the Gap and up the Blue Ridge or thereabouts. Seneca Rocks is a good final stop, actually, it's only 4 hours from there back home.
Things are shaping up!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done quite a bit of WVA since it's close. I'll prolly do some on this trip too.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
natchez trace, goes from tennesee to natchez mississippi, parallels the old indian/fur trapper trails.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Theres nothing interesting east of the Mississippi, if you have the time Alaska is your best bet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
deals gap is nice but its a little overated from where i live,Meadows of Dan Virginia has got some good riding,RT10 in west virginia from matoka to pineville is awesome,RT3 from Hinton,wv to Shady Springs,wv is a good road,RT421 the snake out of Bristol,tn is hard 2 beat,but of all the rodes ive road in 11 years of riding sportbikes RT16 from tazwell,va to marion Va is the trickiest stretch, ive ever tried to learn it sometimes isnt the cleanest but its always been ridable when ive rode it.............

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I know they have a book called Weird Ohio.
I've been to Ohio and can vouch for the weirdness. :nana:

The Dragon and roads in the surrounding area are very nice, but there so many twisty roads that don't have all the traffic and hoopla. It was very cool to ride it a couple weeks ago with just a handful of other people there, but I think June or July would be too busy for me to enjoy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts