Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new (as of a few months ago) owner of a 2002 SV650S.  I love to ride it but I don't have the tools or skill to work on it.  I'd like to have some maintenance done on it and I'd like to get some modifications made on it and I'm hoping to find a shop that SVRider members have used and liked.  I live in San Francisco, but I'm willing to take the bike to a shop elsewhere in the Bay Area if necessary.  Recommendations please!

thanks

--Ben

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in Oakland, so it might not be as useful to you as it is to me, but I'm a big fan of Suzuki of Oakland.  I know some of the folks who work there, and they are top notch guys, and more than a few of them ride SVs.  Also, they just changed ownership, and the new owners look like they're going to be making some good changes in the near future.

In SF the places I usually go are the Cycle Gear on Harrison, which is a pretty good gear/tools/accessories type shop, and Scuderia West, on Duboce Ave, which is generally considered the best shop in the city.  They do maintence, also carry lots of the same stuff Cycle Gear does (although they tend to carry more of the high end and less of the bargain stuff), plus they've got a really helpful and knowledgable staff, all of whom ride and many of whom race.  Those are far from the only good places, though.  You ought to check out  MotoJava, too, and those are just the places I have been in and like myself.

While you're at it, check out BARF.  It's the best bay area online biker's community.  It's a lot more, shall we say, diverse than svrider (which is to say that there are many more squids and stunnas and that sort of thing), but it's a great resource.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

·
Registered
537 Posts
in SF, i'd go to werkstatt, motojava, and/or scuderia west. i don't tend to recommend any dealerships in the area but i've heard good things about mission cycles....

depending on the job, i could help you w/ some mods on your SV. but i'm a little south of SF.

YMMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts