Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to tuck on a Yamaha R3 and I spend 3+ hours on it during a race weekend. My neck is getting screwed up, so tucking into the position I need to fit and see is not sustainable. I feel pretty comfortable and can see decently when not wearing a helmet, so I realized a larger eye port or at least a higher eye port would help.

The helmet model I've used for several years is a Bell Revolver. It's fairly cheap but satisfies all the requirements, basically Snell certified and it fits comfortably. I don't need fancy, light, or cool. Generally, I like to keep them around $300 but am willing to go higher for the right helmet. Also, I need to be able to find one with a manufacture date in 2020 or newer (I plan to buy in early 2021 to improve that possibility).

I tried Nexx a while back (they have large eye ports) and couldn't get them to fit my skull. I have a funny mixture of round and oval that typically requires XL or XXL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would recommend the Bell Race Star series - great view, light and really comfortable in my experience - I managed to get mine for $500 CDN ($380 US) at a discounted rate at the end of the season - this was the regular Race Star, before Flex and DLX. Also have a Scorpion EXO-R710 (use it as a second lid) - it's cheaper, feels cheaper, not as plush, not as comfortable, louder, does the job, but not in a satisfying way like the Bell does - I only use it when I want to record video on the GoPro - the less pointy chin area makes for a nice mounting point. Had an AGV Corsa - did not like it at all and sold it - cramped inside, pressure points after a couple of hours, visor fogging up etc...

·
Super Moderator
8,378 Posts
depending on head shape, the arai xd4 or 5 or whatever the current model is or some other adv helmet with the peak removed might be your answer. the peaks are usually removeable and the eyeports are HUGE because they need to accomodate goggles

·
Super Moderator
6,892 Posts
Look thought these reviews for some ideas. They list "outward vision" as one category they comment on -

Off the top of my head, Arai comes to mind as having a generous opening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if you're looking for brand new helmets or not but personally I found a SHOEI RF-1200 on eBay for $270 total, best thing I've ever bought. Very wide view and the top to bottom vision is pretty good as well. I'd check eBay if you're fine with used.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I would recommend the Bell Race Star series - great view, light and really comfortable in my experience - I managed to get mine for $500 CDN ($380 US) at a discounted rate at the end of the season - this was the regular Race Star, before Flex and DLX. Also have a Scorpion EXO-R710 (use it as a second lid) - it's cheaper, feels cheaper, not as plush, not as comfortable, louder, does the job, but not in a satisfying way like the Bell does - I only use it when I want to record video on the GoPro - the less pointy chin area makes for a nice mounting point. Had an AGV Corsa - did not like it at all and sold it - cramped inside, pressure points after a couple of hours, visor fogging up etc...
One of the really nice things about the Star series by Bell now is that they have 5 shell sizes, so if you are a Medium, you get a Medium helmet, not a Large helmet with extra foam inside. I love my Star, since I ride an N, I didn't go with the Race Star.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have shoei rf1200 and fits perfect,no wind tunel, inside padding feel scomfy , bought it brand new and never regret to spend more $!
had HJC which wasnt good, bought ICON had to return it as it had shape i couldnt fit and gave me headache wven it was right size.. AVG was good but someone stole that one...
its tricky but you need test few tofigureout for yourself which one is for you, i wouldnt buy it without puting it on because numbers on charts might be one thing and real world another...

·
MOTORADOR
10,825 Posts
+1 for Bell Star series. Vision-wise, it was a HUGE improvement over the AVGs and Scorpions that I rode at the track with before.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just realized my current helmet is Vortex, not Revolver, the flip up model!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts