Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a torque wrench for my SV650s so I can do most of the small service jobs myself, can someone recommend a decent torque wrench under $100 that has all the torque ranges needed by the various bolts on the SV? I htink the max is 145 N.m (105 lb-ft) for some engine sprocket nut (which I wont be touching).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Beam types are good and cheap, treat them gently, watch out for not bending the indicator.

I have a digital type, not electronic but the turn the dial type and I think I paid 79 bucks for it.
I have had it for twenty years and every once an a while I put it on a bolt that has a known torque to it and it works.
I like mine because it 'clicks' when the torque is reached. Now they sell them for 59 bucks!

Get a half inch drive one as that is the drive that does most of the heavy work. I would not spend more than 75 bucks unless you do this stuff for a living. Spend an extra 15 bucks for a case for the wrench to protect it.

Sears linky ...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/sear...rget=searchresults&gobutton.x=6&gobutton.y=17

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
sears is the place to go.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I bought a nice clicky one at Walmart...some crappy off brand, but it works like a charm, and was $30 or so. If I had known I could get a Craftsman beam one for that price, though, that's what I wouldve gotten.

craftsman tools are the bomb.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I use a Craftsman 1/2 inch, 0-150 ft/lbs, beam-type torque wrench. I'm partial to the beam's because they're cheap, and should they ever get out of calibration you can bend the beam back to zero.

·
Registered
684 Posts
this is the best tool store! i have one 15 min from my house and i got to say great! and if you pay attention alot of their "cheap" tools have warranties,available warranties,or on hand tools some have lifetime warranties. im sorry but being a auto mechanic any tool that can be replaced there for free is worth the cheap price!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts