Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...91 in a 65. Anyone know of a good lawyer? Yorktown VA

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Why do you need a lawyer? You got caught...go to court, plead it down, pay the fine and learn not to do it again.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
No, for this you need a lawyer. Sorry, I don't know any in VA who work in traffic offenses.

Call the lawyer referral service of the VA Bar Association.

I thought 30 over was a reckless driving charge. It's 20 over in VA? Sheesh.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wouldnt waste on a lawyer... I had a 20 over reckless in VA... If its your first, go to court, plead it down or elect to take traffic school class and it wont even be on your record. Thats what I did.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Why do you need a lawyer? You got caught...go to court, plead it down, pay the fine and learn not to do it again.
In Virginia reckless can get you hefty fines, license suspension, and even jail time. A lawyer is his best bet.

Any speed over 20mph above the limit, or anything over 80mph is reckless.

Virginia doesn't play around with this stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of the many reasons I moved from VA.

I had a 25 over (dropped from 65 to 45, I was doing 70). I didn't use a lawyer. Went to court, pled no contest and since it was my first offence, he reduced it to 10 over. Still got points, but it was wreckless speed. I got a chance to explain I didn't see it drop to 45..... not sure you can argue much with 91mph since the max speed in VA is 65mph.....

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Wouldnt waste on a lawyer... I had a 20 over reckless in VA... If its your first, go to court, plead it down or elect to take traffic school class and it wont even be on your record. Thats what I did.
This is terrible advice. It wasn't in VA but I got a reckless driving when I was younger. Opted to go lawyerless and plead to the judge. It was unfortunate timing that the judge's son had been killed the month prior in a motorcycle accident. I got a suspension, hefty fine, 90 day suspended jail sentence, and something like 250 hours of community service.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I wouldnt go in to a courtroom in VA with a reckless charge without a lawyer for sure. You might get lucky but its not worth the risk IMO. They take their speeding seriously over there!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, and I won't. I have been that speed. I think four times. All were dumb things to do.

Don't be so foolish as to think I've never done anything foolish OR that I'm brazen enough to claim otherwise.
4 times?!? You own motorbikes and you've only hit 90... FOUR TIMES! You are clearly very content, and I respect that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
To anyone posting on this thread who's giving this guy a hard time I.e. "that was just dumb" and so on. Please, if anyone here hasn't gone way over the speed limits once on these bikes, then you may cast the first stone, I'll also go out on a limb and say you're lying, just like the people who say they never masterbate, lol!! These bikes are so easy to go over without realizing it. Like everyone else on here who has said get a lawyer, heed their advice, get one.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh and, yes I have gone WAY over the speed limit, once, 131mph, but I went up both sides of the road to check for police first, then went for it.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
4 times?!? You own motorbikes and you've only hit 90... FOUR TIMES! You are clearly very content, and I respect that.
I've been riding since I was 8. I got my street license at 15. I'm now 36.

I am content. I've been riding the SV for 11 years now. Speed just isn't my thing and probably never will be. I often ride faster than the limit, but I don't ride stupidly over the limit.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To anyone posting on this thread who's giving this guy a hard time I.e. "that was just dumb" and so on. Please, if anyone here hasn't gone way over the speed limits once on these bikes, then you may cast the first stone, I'll also go out on a limb and say you're lying, just like the people who say they never masterbate, lol!! These bikes are so easy to go over without realizing it. Like everyone else on here who has said get a lawyer, heed their advice, get one.

Thanks dude. When he asked how fast I was going(I really didn't know) I said the flow of traffic. After 5 hours of straight driving I just stopped looking at the speedo.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 20 of 140 Posts