Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has any creative ways for reattaching the stock exhaust after it has been cut off and replaced by a slip on. I know Dale at Holeshot sells a coupler for $20, but after adding another clamp and shipping it would have cost me $50. What do you guys think about a cheaper solution?

N

·
0 Posts
Summit racing sells 2" couplers for about $9 (the 1G SVs midpipe is 2 1/8" /54 mm dia.)*. You can get 'em off the web, but they may even be stocked at one of your local hot rod emporiums. If not, they might order it for you which would save the shipping. ($8.50 + $8.95 S&H from Summit)

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7962228879&category=33634[/url]

I think they may be a little longer and not quite as pretty as DW's.

*I think this is correct but measure before you buy!

:)

EDIT: corrections/ additions in boldface
EDIT: I bought the 2" coupler from Summit but it's a little under size, so I'll need to wrap the joint with thin Al before I install the clamp. I should have got the 2 1/4" clamp, but it was 50-50 and I picked wrong :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
this might be a dumb question but if the sv midpipe is 2 1/8 why would the 2" coupler work?

N

·
0 Posts
It didn't. I edited the post after the fact, edits being in bold.

Actually, I went another way entirely and had the pipe expanded at a muffler shop so it would fit over the outlet instead of butting up to it. Of course, this only works if you have some choice in the length of the pipe you want to attach so it wouldn't really help you reattach the stock can.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts