Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would get a thread going on why the SV is such a lovable bike.

It's cheap!
From a used gen 1 to a brand new bike the SV is affordable. This means more money for track days, touring or customizing.

You can customize it!
It's a blank canvas for the artist within. The SV isn't over styled to start with, so it really takes on the riders character well.

It's an easy bike to go fast on! You don't have to worry the tons of hp spinning up the rear wheel, it's got great ergos and a friendly engine. Most 600 riders would probably be real world faster on an SV. (in the corners, where it counts) Narrowish stock tires mean quick turn in, but still with lots of grip. It's got plenty of go for the real world. An awesome package.

It's faults are easily fixed.
The worst thing about the SV is its suspension and you can cure it as much as you want, add an OEM shock and springs and oil up front and you've made a great bike greater. Go aftermarket shock and gixer forks and you have a canyon scalpel.

It does anything! Race, commute, tour, sportride.. not since the UJMs has a motorcycle been so versatile. It does everything and does it well. In years past motorcycles were expected to do it all. The SV again proves the rightness of this concept.

It's cheap to run!
Great mileage and easy on tires and chains the SV wont bankrupt you. The engine is stone reliable and doesn't require any expensive dealer service. The last thing I want to do is work a significant amount of hours just to keep my SV running. If I can stay away from the mods it goes on pennies!

Goes forever!
Mine is 27k young, runs like a champ! Some have 100,000 plus miles on them.

Smart people's bike. Somehow buying and SV says: "I avoided the hype and got a great tool for the job." In my experience SV riders tend to be AGGATish and better riders than the norm.

TONS of resources!
If you want to do it there's probably an FAQ about how it's been done.

SVrider! Awesome forum, great people! Many motorcycle forums are dominated by a few blowhards, not SVrider! There are some awesome resources here in the form of some very knowledgeable people, but just as important is the fact that there's a lot of smart people that have tried this is that. It really a wikipedia of the SV. Plus SVrider is just a nice place to visit.

It's pimpbombdiliscious! It's just a friendly bike, that seems young and full of possibilities, a willing and reliable companion that will grow with you. It's all the bike you'll ever need but need not stay the same bike. Mod it, ride it, race it day in and day out and it keeps on coming back for more.

Long live the SV!~

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Get a room already...:)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I just thought I would get a thread going on why the Gladius/SFV650 is such a lovable bike.

It's cheap!

You can customize it!

It's an easy bike to go fast on!

It's faults are easily fixed.

It does anything!

It's cheap to run!

Goes forever!

Smart people's bike.

TONS of resources!

SVrider!

It's pimpbombdiliscious!

Long live the SFV!~
In a few years they will be saying the same things about the Gladius/SFV-650 too. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts