Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gilles rearsets for 01-05 GSXR 600/750 01-04 GSXR 1000

Form the other threads I have found, GSXR rearsets fit 2nd gens. I can only assume that the aftermarket ones do too. Right? Only thing I can think of is that I might need a longer brake line.

They are cheap.

Any reason not to buy them? Thanks.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I had some major issues trying to fit the stock GSXR rearsets. It boiled down to the forward angle of the rear master cylinder hitting the subframe. The rearsets you linked look to have a more vertical mount, much like the SV, so I don't think you'd have too much of a problem.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ Looks like I do need a new brake line. Which did you use? Stock GSXR? Which model and year?

The other issue I have is that the bolt that runs out the bottom of the MC and into the rearset that connects it to the brake lever is too long. Need to cut off about an eight of an inch to get the MC to line up with the rearset holes.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
^^ Looks like I do need a new brake line. Which did you use? Stock GSXR? Which model and year?

The other issue I have is that the bolt that runs out the bottom of the MC and into the rearset that connects it to the brake lever is too long. Need to cut off about an eight of an inch to get the MC to line up with the rearset holes.
I used stock 03 GSXR 600 rearsets. The 01-03 600, and 00-05 750's used the same rearsets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts