Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up?

I was just down at Barber Motorsports Park for the Nesba track day on March 25 & 26th. and I started grinding my resets, so now its time to get some new ones that'll give me more clearance. i already removed the "feeler" so which resets do you guys recommend and why?

I just bought my SV and will eventually convert it to track use only but that'll be at least 1 or more years from now...

Bill
#718 Nesba

·
Registered
505 Posts
misko said:
+1 for Woodcrafts on a track bike, they're solid! I've seen many lowsides where Woodcrafts have saved other parts on the bike without any bending, just a ground down peg which can be replaced for $25. SVRaceShop.com is a Woodcraft dealer and I got mine annodized red with black pegs for the bling racer look! 8)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rearsets can be expensive so if youre on a budget there is someone who makes adapter plates that move you STOCK rearsets up and back an inch or so. Not too far that you cant still use your stock shift linkage though. you might have to rotate the little arm on the shift shaft as far as possible. I think mine are actually for a GSXR but the bolt pattern is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROADRCR said:
Rearsets can be expensive so if youre on a budget there is someone who makes adapter plates that move you STOCK rearsets up and back an inch or so. Not too far that you cant still use your stock shift linkage though. you might have to rotate the little arm on the shift shaft as far as possible. I think mine are actually for a GSXR but the bolt pattern is the same.
I've been hearing good things about the WoodCraft, going to take a look and see how much is the damage$$.

do you have any info on who modifies the stock ones? Also I have GP shift so I think I'll be fine...

Thanks guys, I just got my SV and Barber was my first 2trackdays of the year and I already have to start switching parts out :? but hey its for a good cause I'm shooting for 2 a month for the season so hopefully when I'm done I'll be in the 10+ range.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another one here for the CFM rearsets. I haven't had them on my bike long but they are super nice. Shifting action seems a little nicer too :)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
ROADRCR said:
Humm is this what you speak of??

==> http://fireblade.ennovatix.com/rear_sets/suzuki/sv650/index.php

This is the email response I got about pricing of the parts.
They are $70 by MO or $73 by Paypal
They include all mounting hardware, Shift linkage extender and shipping in the continental US.
My lifters go 1" up and 1" back.
They are made out of 3/8 material so they will not flex on you.
I tap my holes so the install is much cleaner then most lifters on the market.
With most lifters you have to fumble with a nut and bolt. With mine no nuts are required.

If you want a pair my Paypal address is the same as the email address you would reply to in an email.

If you have any other questions please email!

Thanks
Matt
Click to see my web page
http://fireblade.ennovatix.com
:)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
i also have cfm rearsets now :eek:ccasion14:
very happy but i have a question, on the shifter side the linkage which connects the rod to the shift pedal was protected with the oem setup with a rubber boot, same like the one at the other end of the rod, i haven`t been able to find one for the cfm part, so what are you guys using ?

thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I go with the Woodcraft High Rearsets, what do I have to do with the stock shift linkage? Replace it? If so, where's the best place to find what I need?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts