Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a quick question. Since I've been unable to find a full left rearset assembly.
Do any of the gsxr rearsets bolt on to the 2nd gen sv's. I found someone saying the 04 05 gsxr do, but I'd just like a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinion before I go do something stupid.

thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
with the result of no response, im gona say that either nobody knows, or im an idiot, and that the answer is no, nothing else fits.

·
Registered
257 Posts
wish i knew, ebay hasn't been too usefull as of late to find used rearsets. but of course there are the woodcraft for $300

also quick question for anyone, are the rearsets interchangeable between the sv650 and sv1000?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zach, that would be the ideal thing to do, but truth be, the cost of me buying some calipers im not going to use again just to make a measurement, just doesn't seem right to me, and im not trying to be an ass, because if i was a regular gearhead, a set of calipers actually does sound like a good thing to have.

i just thought that maybe it was general knowledge on the forum i didn't know about.
but just a thought, even if they do bolt on, that doesn't necasarily mean that the peg geometry and linkage lengths are the same does it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
just use a tape measure. mark from the center of the bolts. all be it not as precise as a caliper which can be found for about $15 (cheapies) it can get the job done.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
from another thread I posted in
Yep

05' GSXR 1000

need a longer rear brake line.
need the gsxr shift rod
adjust shift knuckle a bit with the shift rod to get it to your liking.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
oh yeah and I got them for $50 on evilbay....for the set.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a complete left rearset with shifter and linkage and a right rear set with a broken brake lever from a 2007 naked. I'll sell them individually. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
everyone I have found have had the heal guard missing on the right side. Otherwise I would have joined you on this one, lol. Im still debating taking the stock ones and cutting them all up then PC black, we will see though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks "lslcycling"
that was exactly what i needed to hear. i wasn't able to find that in the search though.
anyways, what would you say the position difference is. anything to care about?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I want to say they are about a half in back and up but I've never done a true measurement and I keep saying I will but haven't gotten to it yet. So as I've stated so many times, I'll try and get it measured so people can measure their own to the GSXR,s.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh! those are wicked, Dream. i hope they fit the bike.

that brings up something - fully adjustable rearsets. have you guys seen those rearset relocator plates for the sv that offers 7 different positions for the pegs? any experience with them? does it pinch the rear brake line in any way? i assume it would need a longer shift rod.

check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV65...cyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ebayphotohosting

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts