Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1763 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ahhhh...those sneaky devils. All the holes line up but they got me on the axle diameter.Thanks for the response guys. Knew I couldn't be that lucky. 12 dollar gambling loss for the year and I live in Vegas. Still ahead. Thanks again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I purchased a bike with the gsxr wheel conversion already done but running a 520 chain. I would like to go with a 525 chain next and I know that I can use the OEM rear sprocket but flipped around with a stock counter shaft sprocket (GSXR or SV, right?). My question is, how do I know if online vendors of gsxr rear sprockets sell "dished" ones? I read somewhere that some aftermarket sprockets were flat? For example, would this kit work?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The idea is that I want the longer wear. I'm just wondering if the dishing is present on aftermarket sprockets. Searching seems to say it varies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
But the rear (at least) needs replacing and I'm guessing the front sprocket sucks, too. I was underwhelmed with the longevity of the 520 chain and sprockets which is why I'm looking to go back to 525 since I now know it will fit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You may be right but how can you say that not knowing my mileage? I've put 13k on my current setup and it is time for replacement about now. My previous bike (stock sv650) I put about 15k on and it all still looked new when I sold it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gladdy wheel bolted into 2g SV

curious what size tire on that wheel. I was considering a GSXR wheel so I can run 180 rear, but I cant find anyone who has done one on the Gladius.
Did that wheel bolt straight up or did you have to do any machining? If it was a 1 to 1 swap then the TWF conversion should work right?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,732
Yes, the TWF GSXR conversion *should work with the gladius and the Gladius set up was bolt into SV.

I'm running 165 slick. Gladius has 5" rear rim, SV has 4.5", 165 is best on 5". You could put 180 on your stock wheel if you wanted too, i've used 180 on 5"

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, the TWF GSXR conversion *should work with the gladius and the Gladius set up was bolt into SV.

I'm running 165 slick. Gladius has 5" rear rim, SV has 4.5", 165 is best on 5". You could put 180 on your stock wheel if you wanted too, i've used 180 on 5"
Thanks, but putting 180 on a 5 inch wheel will change the geometry of the tire and cause it to handle weird? will the transition into the corners feel off

·
Registered
74 Posts
anyone have any experience with zx-6r rear wheels? I have a SRAD gsxr 750 5.5" rear on my 04 sv650 now, with the shaved down brake hanger thing.

Will a zx6r (~ 2004 ish) drop in? Same size axel? chainring and brake rotor alignment?

I also have a SRAD gsxr 99 front end with a SRAD gsxr 750 front wheel, with 320 dia rotors, is the front zx6r anywhere close to that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any experiences in the weight departement?
Are the Gladius wheels good for anything but tire size?
I'm trying to find a good cost to performance ratio.
It's especially complicated because german laws try to stop us from improving
our bikes rendering them not road legal if we use too many self built parts.
I do not want to sacrifice too much handling since I like twisties a lot so the
best possibilities seem to be:
F3 wheel with 4.5"
Duke II wheel 4.5"
newer Duke wheels on 5" (dont know if they fit)
Gladius wheel if any good in points of weight/ weight distribution.

Any Ideas ??
thx alot for this threat so far, helped to narrow it down a lot.:eek:ccasion14:

1721 - 1740 of 1763 Posts