Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm looking into getting a rear wheel stand for my SV650. Does anyone have any advice or favorite products?

Thanks,
Bennette

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the harbor freight rear stand for the swing arm. No spools needed. For 35$ I have to say, its great.....Can't use spools though, looks like its only swing arm. Pretty solid too, just used it a few days ago to do a chain clean/lube.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The HF stand is definitely cheaper and, as Dominator noted, can't utilize spools which simply make placement of the stand easier/consistent. I had a general swingarm stand from HF and it worked on bikes w/o spools but SVs have them... may as well use them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
On my gen. 3 I have tried stand without spools and with spools: the latter is definitely easier to set, raise, release.
I use a sturdy ConStands, which sells for 50 euros.

BTW larger spools also serve as rear swingarm sliders if you happen to lowside on the left side (I know, I tested them).

Reactions: thedrewski86

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
baller? pittbull
good? vortex
medium? trex
broke? ebay generic chineseum
$0.98 and a death wish? harbor freight

no matter which you get, get spools. they cost like... dollars. and infinitely easier and safer than paddle stands

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have the harbor freight rear stand for the swing arm. No spools needed. For 35$ I have to say, its great.....Can't use spools though, looks like its only swing arm. Pretty solid too, just used it a few days ago to do a chain clean/lube.
I have one. It works fine with spools. A bit flimsy though.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
To simply service the bike, I’d be okay with the HF. For race duty or to ever sit on the bike while on stands, it’s basically PitBull and Woodcraft and few others. I have some weathered WC and PB stands that are as sturdy as the day I bought them after tons of use.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not mentioned, but the Woodcraft is a really good stand as well. With that said, get a used Pitbull and it will outlast your bike.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a spooled Vortex stand and it's perfectly sufficient. PitBull is the bar but they're a little pricey. I'd get a used one if I went that route.
I picked one up at Harbor freight if you happen to have them near by. 1500lb weight capacity it was maybe 50.00 on sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts