Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,139 Posts
Just curious what are the RRHP people are getting out of their Gen 1 Sv 650's either stock, Supersport or Superbike builds -
My Supersport build - with 1 mm oversize, stock carbs (jetted), stock cams, thin gaskets blah blah blah, I'm getting 83 rrhp. Is that good?
That's eyebrow raisingly good. I've done the same on my 2nd gen and I'd be flabbergasted if I were putting more than 75hp to the ground.

· Registered
4,139 Posts
So are you saying that dynos aren't accurate? And should only be used if you are tuning and testing on the same machine to obtain better numbers on my bike? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm only asking as I assumed all dynos were set to the same standards, providing accurate numbers. At least I would hope they would be accurate at $35 a pop.
I'm no expert on the subject, but even the same dyno won't give perfectly consistent results which is on reason why they do multiple runs at a time.

There are also different types of dynos which can yield fairly different numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.