Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I am trying to source a Suzuki OEM fender that I seem to be on the trail of, but not quite close enough to actually find for sale.

My bike is a 2009 SV650S with ABS, black in colour.

I got the part number of: SV650S ABS 2009 BLUE 990D0-17G95-YSF from Oneida Suzuki's web page. I also found the colour code of YAY for a black bike. So by my reckoning, I should be looking for p/n 990D0-17G95-YAY. My local dealer has no such part on file in the Suzuki system.

The key question here is Is there a reliable place that anyone can recommend to get a factory Hugger; or else failing that, what are some BTDT results and recommendations for 3rd party aftermarket vendors?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
When you asked them did you also ask for them to just search for it? You Canadians probably have a slightly different designation, so the dealer might have to actually take the time to search for it.

Otherwise, buy one unpainted and do it yourself?

·
Registered
675 Posts
eBay....that is where i got my from, but could not find it in stock color for my 07, so i settled with black, which was fine by me

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Just looked at Oneida, and if it isn't shown there.....Suzuki doesn't make it. I think. The ABS version seems to be different too, so you might end up having to get the wrong color and painting it if you want the Factory Hugger. They ARE nice, but I'm not sure how much (if at all) better than aftermarket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked at Oneida, and if it isn't shown there.....Suzuki doesn't make it. I think. The ABS version seems to be different too, so you might end up having to get the wrong color and painting it if you want the Factory Hugger. They ARE nice, but I'm not sure how much (if at all) better than aftermarket.
Yeah I pretty much gave up on the Suzuki OEM one. I ordered a Hugger from Pyramid Plastics in the UK instead:

I think it looks pretty good, and it cost me at least a hundred bucks less than what the OEM one was shaping up like. 7 to 8 weeks though - because it has to come across the pond, the dealer I ordered from will be putting it in with his next order to save on the shipping cost. Pictures to come when I get it installed!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it would be paintable if you wanted to but I got the finished black. They also do a Carbon one but that's not really my style anyways. I didn't see an option for an unfinished one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts