Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase my first rear stand. I was thinking online would be the best place price wise.

Is there anything I should know about buying them? Certain type to fit bike?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
161 Posts
You'll find plenty more info on this if you search, but I recently got the T-Rex stand, sorry no pic of it right now you'll have to search, and I love it. Its very adjustable and has double sided rests to fit either spools or swing arm which is convinent cause it works on the bmw and honda as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Last week I bought the silver aluminum rear spool stand from Harbor Freight. It is solid and I have my SV650 on it right now. Go to the website and print out the ad with the $39.95 price and they will honor it. In the store it is $49.95 on the shelf.

They will also have a parking lot sale soon and will probably have more coupons you can use.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have the Pit Bull rear stand and I use it every day. My bike sits on the stand 99% of the time when it is in my garage. I have swingarm sliders so I use the metal hooks that hook under them to lift the bike.

It's expensive but I like it. Check Craigslist, you might get lucky and score one for a song.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
+1 for the harbor freight stand

I had the back of my bike jacked up to swap the rear shock using towing straps. A friend and I were trying to let it back down on to the stand easily after the swap. Well as soon as the straps loosened the bike dropped about 1-1/2" onto the stand before we could really catch it. The stand caught the bike like a champ and no damage was done to the stand or the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts