Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new pitbull rear stand (forward handle) and got it setup for use with spools. on the first try lifting the bike i didnt realize it was in first gear. since the bike needs to move forward slighty before the rear of the bike will lift, im wondering if i put too much stress on the chain or the front sprocket. chain slack is the same as before but better safe and ask than sorry. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't know. He may be suffering from paranoia.
:tard:

Good possibility there will be a premature failure in the muffler bearing. Those are not supposed to have any excess pressure applied during elevation of the swing arm.

This might be a better answer! :bacon:

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
the tensile strength of your chain is like 10,000 pounds so.......

what do you think? ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got a new pitbull rear stand (forward handle) and got it setup for use with spools. on the first try lifting the bike i didnt realize it was in first gear. since the bike needs to move forward slighty before the rear of the bike will lift, im wondering if i put too much stress on the chain or the front sprocket. chain slack is the same as before but better safe and ask than sorry. thanks for the input

Have you heard of this method:

put the bike in third gear
turn the key on (but don't use the starter)
pull in the clutch lever
start pushing your bike down the street as fast as you can run with it
drop the clutch

This will apply brute force on the chain and counter sprocket until it forces the motor to rotate and set into motion a chain reaction ultimately causing the spark plugs to fire!!

This method works really well when you've drained your battery and are unable to start the bike on the starter.

I invented this method myself, I'm even thinking of submitting for a registered trademark for my method, I call it bump-starting.

So, from now on, if you refer to the method or term bump-starting, please send me a check for $0.05. (Either US Dollars, Canadian or Euros will do)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Heh, you're gonna have to take a bit of friendly ribbing over this one mate :D

But no, she's a bike, not fine china.... just think of the raping and neglect that some people give their bikes, and yet they still keep on trucking :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my mistake. i forgot to specify. thanks for the USEFUL input. i would have edited my post but post whoring is cool. right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts