Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
No springs available for the stock shock. You wouldn't want to anyway, a stiffer spring would just make the lack of damping feel worse.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
No springs available for the stock shock.
Isn't it just a normal spring? I'd think you could just get a replacement spring from _______ okay, so I don't remember who makes my spring but I ordered it by inner diameter, length and spring rate. I don't understand why it'd be different for the stock shock. Then again, my bike has had a double adjustable shock since I bought it. Also, changing a spring without adjusting the valving isn't the best idea. Where the stock shock used to work perfectly a stiffer spring will likely result in pogoing and a softer spring would result in the shock getting jacked down to the stops.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Isn't it just a normal spring? I'd think you could just get a replacement spring from _______ okay, so I don't remember who makes my spring but I ordered it by inner diameter, length and spring rate. I don't understand why it'd be different for the stock shock. Then again, my bike has had a double adjustable shock since I bought it. Also, changing a spring without adjusting the valving isn't the best idea. Where the stock shock used to work perfectly a stiffer spring will likely result in pogoing and a softer spring would result in the shock getting jacked down to the stops.
Yep, it's just a normal spring. But like you say, it's not going to work well with the damping. We could make springs for it, but I'm not going to sell a product that makes the bike handle worse. That's a losing proposition any way you slice it. :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Rich, you're definitely doing the right thing there for the customer. Besides, that spring would cost more than a used shock from another bike....at least mine did. I think I paid $70 for my rear spring from a local shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts