Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone installed a 04-05 ZX10 shock? I curious how much trouble is invloved in the swap to see if its worth it. I weigh 210 w/o gear. I do alot of sport riding, commuting & 2 up riding. I have been trying to make sense of all the other rear shock posts, but some are confusing. So in a nut shell, what would be the best fit for my 08 SV650. I dont want to be hacking everything to pieces. Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
I put the ZX-14 shock on mine and no "hacking" was required. The only thing I had to remove was a plastic piece in front of the tool box and change the lower nut/bolt. The stock is 50mm and you need a 55mm. If you can find a shock with the lower bolt that's all you need.

I don't know what the purpose of the plastic piece was, but I still have full use of the tool box. There were only 3 screws holding the piece in place.

EDIT: Does your bike have ABS? You may have issues with the reservoir clearance. You might have to go with a shock that has a remote reservoir (Penske, Ohlins, Elka)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.. thanks for the info.... What year ZX14 shock did you use. I guess Im looking at an 06-07... The ZX10 shocks I was looking at were 04-05 and some said that it requires some modification to battery box..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.