Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SV650S
122 Posts
Want to replace my shock on a 2004 sv650. What are people using that's easy to install and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
Many go with a ZX10R shock or GSXR600 shock from the mid 2000’s, but they require modifying the battery box to fit. That’s probably what I’m going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a zx14r shock from America, cost about 130usd/100gbp including all taxes/import duty to the UK and would say it's worth every penny, only wish I'd done it sooner! No mods required if you get one from the right year, think mine was an from an 07. If you look at my profile I did a post on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
With a bit of careful shopping you can do ok, I just found a super clean, low mile (apparently?) 2011 ZX14 rear shock for $80 shipped on ebay...half that $ was the damn shipping.

.....Amazing how the ZX10 rears from '04-05 are like $150-$200.. Yeesh.. at that price + a service, maybe a new spring?...save them pennies & get a bespoke shock.

I'm pushin' max density anymore so,......the stiffer '14 spring was a target.. Took about 2-3 weeks to find one that was super clean and fresh, lookin' like an early take off.
The ZX14 swap is so dang easy, I planned to chuck it in, ride it a cpl times, tweak/sort it a bit, then get it properly serviced and if possible tweaked further for my riding / weight a bit... but now ive decided F all that,.... it's just a place holder till I find the deal I'm lookin for on a Penske, Ohlins, or....?

where did you end up ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
This compatibility sheet was shared in another thread. It’s not mine but should be useful for you as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KO7aSkxEs1yJOHA_TnU6Lwuvmz4/edit?usp=drivesdk

When you open it click on the compatibility tab at the top of the page. Like others have said zx10 and zx14 are your best options. This should give you the info you need to pick the shock from the correct year ZX. Good luck upgrading the shock makes a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts