Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I just recently installed a 2007 ZX-10R special edition shock on my first gen, I am loving it and I really feel like I am more attached to the road now.

My only question is that now that I have installed it it seems that the bike is just slightly lower than it was before. Before the install I could just barely touch my feet flat on the ground when I really tried, now I can flat foot it very easy. From what I have read in the forums it seems that the shock should increase the ride height just a tad. Does it have anything to do with my pre-load.

Just wondering. Thanks

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I have a ZX10 shock and it is a bit shorter than the stock SV shock (probably a few mm actually-which doesn't seem like much but you have to factor in the length of the swingarm and how much that few mm translates out to the axle of your rear wheel). I didn't install it because I didn't want to cut up my battery box so I picked up a ZX14 shock on e-bay.

The ZX14 shock is almost exactly the same length as the stock SV shock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot. Just wanted to make sure that was normal and yeah it was real hard to get in. The battery tray is bent way down. I am gonna have to come up with some solution to get the battery out of the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts