Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking for a decent set of rearsets for my 07 sv650s, I really need to change out my set before summer, but I am trying not to spend a rediculous amount since I am saving for my cross country ride. I can't seem to find a decent price set out there. Any ideas?

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
Hey I am looking for a decent set of rearsets for my 07 sv650s, I really need to change out my set before summer, but I am trying not to spend a rediculous amount since I am saving for my cross country ride. I can't seem to find a decent price set out there. Any ideas?

:) Of course it all depends on what you are thinking a decent price is, but I produce the SV Racing Parts, Rear Sets, starting at $285 complete, shipped to your door,

I also carry all the Woodcraft products, including their rear sets.

Email me directly at [email protected] whenever you are ready, and I will help you out,

My rear sets also come in Red, Blue, 2 shades of Gold, Black and Silver,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it is that I have a bend in the linkage and the shifter and I don't want to have it break while I am in the middle of the nowhere somewhere in east texas or something

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That sounds like something i would be interested in. What is the position on the rearsets?
I bought Blair's rear sets this winter. They are very nice. The pegs have a knurled so your boots don't slip and feel real secure. The pegs have 4 adjustment positions. I left them where they were when I got them. The shift and brake levers are fully adjustable. Which I played around with when I first got them now they have been set and haven't moved. I am 5'11" and did a 360 mile day last weekend and a couple 200 miles days this riding season and have been very comfortable. No big changes I still have times when I cramp up but that is to be expected.

Here's a couple pics so you can see what they look like.

·
Registered
140 Posts
No it is that I have a bend in the linkage and the shifter and I don't want to have it break while I am in the middle of the nowhere somewhere in east texas or something
Then I would simply replace the bent parts with new OEM parts. Why go aftermarket for an entire set if you simply have some bent linkage?

As for aftermarket I run Woodcraft.....mainly because spares are super easy to find at track days.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then I would simply replace the bent parts with new OEM parts. Why go aftermarket for an entire set if you simply have some bent linkage?

I want to go aftermarket cuz I am looking to black out my bike. I just rarely do track days so I didn't want to drop 400 for em

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There's a guy on barf that sells a set for a little over $200. Last time I checked he wasn't sure his stuff would fit and sv. I'm sure he'd be happy to try to fit you with a set since it'd open up a new market for him if his stuff fit perfectly. He may even cut you a deal for being the first to confirm it works on a sv. The guy is on barf, so he's probably in the San Francisco area. Worth a little ride imo.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Depending on what all you need to replace, OEM might be pricier than Blair's rearsets. Mine are pretty beat up, the shift lever has been bent and straightened, the brake lever's been broken and welded, the rubber's worn off both pegs, and the shift rod is bent. Looking around on ronayers.com it seems like new OEM stuff won't come out cheaper than entry-level aftermarket stuff.

I have mixed feelings about two things, though:

1. The fact that the race pegs don't fold up. It's not like I'm touching my pegs down on the street or anything, but I don't like the idea of something that should/could be a soft part turns into a hard part. On the other hand, if I did have a spill, I can see how the peg could serve as a kind of lower frame slider and might prevent some damage.

2. I do ride some long distances. How does the most conservative position on these pegs compare to the OEM S rearsets?

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
Hey I am looking for a decent set of rear sets for my 07 SV650s, I really need to change out my set before summer, but I am trying not to spend a ridiculous amount since I am saving for my cross country ride. .......

:) Thanks for the support, the Black , SV Racing Parts, Rear Sets will be at your door in a couple of days,

Blair

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
:)
hey Blair, you would not happen to have some rear sets that would fit on to the first gen would you>>?

:) I have all the colors of my SV Racing Parts, Rear Sets that fit the Gen 1, 99 - 2002 SV 650,

Just Email me directly at [email protected] and I will look after you right away,

Blair

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey...um...Blair...you do still sell individual parts for your rearsets right?
:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts