Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of relocators last year, but they bring the rearsets back only about 3/4 of an inch. I was wondering if anyone knows of a resource where I can pick up a pair of relocators that bring the rearsets up and back further, say 1.5 inches.

Thanks,
Ian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
You can get a set of Nate's Plates. I think they bring them up that much. Another help, if you still grind pegs, is going to a set of Woodcraft solid mount pegs. They are much shorter than stock. I found my limitation was the stock peg length.

Hope I helped a little bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Nate's Plates are what I have. They work fine, and it's not so much a clearance issue as foot placement. I just prefer having my feet up high and back. Makes shifting while leaned over easier. I purchased the bike with Attack rearsets, but they're the 'street' rearsets and offer only a little clearance over a stock setup.

Woodcrat makes 'super' high mount rearsets that would be ideal, but I would rather pay a few bucks less for relocators.

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
At the risk of starting a thread full of bad jokes about how lazy I am not to have searched; how much are Nate's plates and do they require any other mods?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,199 Posts
::Shameless Plug::

If it's for a 99-02, I have a set I made for mine. They're up and back 1.5". The left side is made from a 1/2" thick aluminum billet and is strong as hell yet very light.
The left side was too complicated so I just made a adapter plate for it out of 1/4" thick aluminum. I also have all the hardware and linkage.

If any one's interested make me an offer.

I also have a set of Vortex rear sets in the "For Sale" section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A half inch thick? Doesn't that push the pegs out?

donniej said:
::Shameless Plug::

If it's for a 99-02, I have a set I made for mine. They're up and back 1.5". The left side is made from a 1/2" thick aluminum billet and is strong as hell yet very light.
The left side was too complicated so I just made a adapter plate for it out of 1/4" thick aluminum. I also have all the hardware and linkage.

If any one's interested make me an offer.

I also have a set of Vortex rear sets in the "For Sale" section.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
an 1 1/2 is more than the nates plates, it would be a custom job for him, which would raise the cost, i'd see if you can buy the woodcraft plates, without the pedals

wacky_woodchuck said:
Another help, if you still grind pegs, is going to a set of Woodcraft solid mount pegs. They are much shorter than stock. I found my limitation was the stock peg length.



+1 the solid pegs rock too
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,199 Posts
sloasnot said:
A half inch thick? Doesn't that push the pegs out?
Not as much as a rear-set adapter does. The OEM rear-sets are pretty close to 1/2" thick. It's just about flush with the frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,980 Posts
Do you have a Naked or an "S"? If you have a naked, you can swap the peg brackets for "S" brackets. Just sayin....
 

·
BannedCampCounselor
Joined
·
9,911 Posts
Another instance where it's always good to look at the thread date before responding.
Was bumped by a spammer recently.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top