Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tank and plastics back from getting some damage fixed, and a new coat of paint. When I removed the rear seat cowl I followed the directions in the Haynes manual. They didn't come off quite as easy as it says :mad: After a little gentle jimmying they finally came off. Now the problem is getting them back on ??? It really frustrates me that something so seemingly simple is kicking my a$$. Any tips? Preferably with pictures :) I like to think I know my way around a shop, but it really ticks me off when simple things turn out to be the toughest :( Thanks for any tips. -Mac

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
yes, assemble off bike first.
attach the center piece to the left and right.
There's some room for you to spread them open and slide over the subframe, just be careful though with the paint. Slide them over the subframe and guide them into place.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
yes, assemble off bike first.
attach the center piece to the left and right.
There's some room for you to spread them open and slide over the subframe, just be careful though with the paint. Slide them over the subframe and guide them into place.
a little masking tape where the center piece meets the top of the sides never hurt :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake light cover on, or off? I can't remember if the screw clips went on the bottom, top or clamped over the two sides? It's been bout three weeks since I disassembled them ??? Next time I do this, pics will be taken before and after. -Mac

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Brake light cover? You mean the "cowl" that goes on top of the brake light? That's the center section to the tail plastics, that (off the bike) gets screwed to the left and right tail pieces. Then you take the whole shebang (all 3 pieces) and stand over the subframe and slowly, gently, spread them and work it into place on the subframe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant the red lens that covers the brake light. It's late here, so I'll try and get this done tomorrow night. I'm probably making this harder than it should be. I tend to do that, and I apologize :) Thanks for the tips. -Mac

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
brake light cover on.
I've never had a reason to take it off.....

try the described methods above and take your time, be patient, etc. let us know how it works out for ya!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts