Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a rat bike put together and at some point i purchased a rear seat cowl with bracket and filler pieces. The bracket doesn't line up so that i can bolt the filler pieces down properly. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Are the bracket and filler pieces year specific?

Currently running 03' subframe with 03' rear plastics. Plastics line up well. Bracket bolts down and cowl latches properly however the four places where you would bolt the filler pieces to the bracket do not line up properly. In other words, if i bolt the filler pieces directly to the bracket i won't be able to then bolt the bracket onto the subframe.

Has anyone successfully put a seat cowl bracket with filler pieces on a 2003?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the 03 model has a slightly different rear subframe and thus tail section then the 04+ 2g, which are all interchangeable.
so does that mean i need to look for a rear cowl bracket specifically for a 2003? Does that part even exist? have you seen someone put an unmodified bracket with fillers on a 2003 bike?

I understand 03' was a different design, my bike is 06' but my sub and tail plastic has all been converted to 03'. I just have no idea how to find that bracket specifically for a 2003.

Furthermore, sounds like i have a bracket that is useless to me but highly desirable to a LOT of people around here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts