Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my solo seat cowl and I was looking around and I noticed once I remove the passenger hand bar there is a space on the rear tail fairing that is not going to be covered, how are people going about fixing this?

Also once I remove the rear hand bar, do the bolts go back in place or do I need to put some spacers where the hand bar used to go?

Here is a picture I noticed that this guy doesn't have the space where the passenger hand bar used to be.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There are little spacers you can get. My seat cowl came with them. I have a two week old in one arm, so... google link to come soon!

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are 2 small plastic pieces that fill in the gaps. Should be included with the seat cowl if it is OEM. You can see them in the picture if you look very close.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Little things shaped like a right triangle with a curved hypotenuse?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Check out my web page at http://sv650.metromain.net/index.php?x=cowl Should explain it all for ya.

I think there are photos of every possible configuration you can have, grab rail, no grab rail, etc. Also there is close up showing the instructions and the L/R covers to cover the gaps when grab rail is removed.

Takes about a 1/2 beer to install ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
The kit (if I can remember wright) comes with the little color matched gap pieces,
2 spacers, and a little metal bar to replace the grab bar!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been tring to find the gap fillers for my 00' Naked. I didnt want the cowl, just some filler.

Can you get those anywhere. I can find anything!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm looking for fillers too with no luck. I talked to Oneida and a couple eBay sellers and noone sells them separate. I have seen a lot of people looking for them, maybe someone will take a hint and start selling them! Or, someone who has made their own can help us out. I saw a link for a 1st gen a while back but not 2nd gen. Same process, but I would like to see pics :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I dunno how you guy's w/o grab-bars put your bike up on a rear stand... sure is nice to have the grab bar to balance the bike from behind

·
Registered
394 Posts
Everyone knows looks are way more important than functionality duh....seriously, I don't have a rearstand but I imagine I would figure out a way to do it without grabbar. I'm used to doing things the hard way cause we do it lke that at work. Seems like they figure out the hardest way to do things then tell us that's how they want it done. It carries over I guess lol.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You mail them to me..:naughty:

They replace the grab handle if you're removing it.
But I seriously would like them if you don't need them.

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts