Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF A LUGGAGE RACK MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE SV1000?????????? PLEASE REPLY IF YOU DO---I WILL NEED ONE IN ABOUT A MONTH FOR ROAD AMERICA IN ELKHART WISCONSIN.

THANKS
:?: :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Be prepared to spend some dough at twisted throttle. I looked at the luggage racks for my SV650 and was shocked at the price tag. I wish someone here with some metal fab/welding skills would make a simple luggage rack for the SV.

I figure they could be sold all day long for no more than $100. Motorcycle accessories are way overpriced. I understand supply and demand, but c'mon. Givi stuff is a perfect example. It costs almost $1000 bucks for a top case and two side cases with mounts. Dang, they are plastic afterall. I can't believe people pay those prices.

Good luck. I just mounted my tailbag to my passenger seat and said to heck with the luggage rack. It's a little different getting on and off the bike without hanging your foot on the bag, but you get used to it. I would still buy a luggage rack (not the cheesy suzuki rack) in a minute at the $100 price point.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Buy a spare passenger seat, loose the foam, and have at it. Someone here did the same with a 650 a few years ago, fabricated a plywood base and some metal mounts.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I use a Ventura Luggage System rack and love it. Holds an ass load of stuff and is very stable. Cheaper than Givi, but still a bit pricey.

Just noticed the original post is a few years old, and the person isn't even a member anymore. Nevermind ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts