Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Rear hub mod on a GSXR 1000

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  arson14 
#1 ·
Im going to put a 2008 Gsxr 1000 rear rim on a 2003 SV 1000s has anyone bought a kit if so did you take note of what was done to the hub and spacers. im waiting to hear back from Zoran as to him having a kit. From pics i have seen i dont see a problem rolling my own .

#3 ·
bighammer, I disagree.

SV1000 uses the same rear wheel as 01-05 600/750

SV650 there are kits to fit 06-09 600/750 rear wheel

I think SVRP made a kit to fit GSXR1000 wheel to SV1000. I don't know of anyone who has made a kit to fit 06-09 600/750 rear wheel to SV1000.

#5 ·
The GSXR 1000 2008 rim will fit on the 2003 SV 1000 after you do 4 things #1 turn down the outer drum spacer #2 turn down the inner drum retainer # 3 turn down the drum surface where the sprocket mounts # 4 turn down the outer mounting surface on the brake bracket. easy fix

#9 ·
I saved the 2003 SV1000s from the dumpster its going to be a track only bike the front end is off a sbk 2008 gsxr 1000 Complete race fiberglass fairings painted and stickered bike is on the lift waiting for rear shock and M4 race exhaust and mounting tab on rad needs welded rims from powder coat i got a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V2 Tires still need a 16t front sprocket chain 530 flashed ECU ebc brakes air filter

#10 ·
I sent you a PM, if you email me the pictures I can post them for you.

I'd like those measurements when you get the chance.

What front wheel are you running, same as the forks?

#12 ·
Oops, forgot to post them here.

Here they are.

i can get real technical but basically 0.085 off the left spacer and the right brake mount. then to align the sprockets 0.123 off the face of the hub ( after removing sprocket studs.) . turned down on a lathe . the internal spacer i played with . but found u couldnt remove enough to matter before the sprocket bottoms out on the rear rim. ill spiff this up abit with the correct names of all parts.

Hub from the 2003 SV 1000 is the same as the 2008 ‎Gsxr 1000 numbers match. I moded a old axle to hold the hub to turn it down on my. Lathe. The rear brake mount was machined on the milling machine. The rear brake mount I sand blasted then painted

#14 ·
Thank you Junkie for all the help. Shaving the caliper carrier, sprocket side outer spacer (to swingarm) and the sprocket hub carrier did the trick! It bolted right up and was perfectly centered. I now have a gsxr1000 whee to match the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.