Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So we don't get lost you should have replied to your original post @

I've been doing some research for you and there are NOS ( New Old Stock) RBC around but way too expensive e.g 400+ £/Euros etc.

I'm not certain but there may be ones off some Bandits that will fit and they are more common than the SVs 2nd hand on eBay but that needs confirmation.

Whist we are searching drop your caliper in a container of diesel fuel and leave it for at least 4 or 5 days. You might be able to get the pistons moving but in saying that the bores will most likely be shot/corroded so even a service kit will most likely not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So we don't get lost you should have replied to your original post @

I've been doing some research for you and there are NOS ( New Old Stock) RBC around but way too expensive e.g 400+ £/Euros etc.

I'm not certain but there may be ones off some Bandits that will fit and they are more common than the SVs 2nd hand on eBay but that needs confirmation.

Whist we are searching drop your caliper in a container of diesel fuel and leave it for at least 4 or 5 days. You might be able to get the pistons moving but in saying that the bores will most likely be shot/corroded so even a service kit will most likely not work.
Thanks I will do that and see where it goes, for now il keep looking, keeping an eye on a bid on eBay that I've found some1 selling an SV 1st gen. Hoping all's well with it.it says it good condition so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,427 Posts
Did you try compressed air and an air gun shoved in the banjo hole. That's what I had to do, and it took 200 psi to get them loose. Oh, and be careful. You need to block them with a piece of wood. Otherwise, they'll fly out and dent your beautiful wife's expensive car. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks I will do that and see where it goes, for now il keep looking, keeping an eye on a bid on eBay that I've found some1 selling an SV 1st gen. Hoping all's well with it.it says it good condition so fingers crossed.
When you get it sorted and if you don't already then get used to using your rear brake when in slower traffic combined with feathering the front to stabilize lower speed maneuvers. Applying the rear brake at slow speeds not only gives you control but also means the rear brake caliper should never seize from lack of use which is the main culprit for brake calipers seizing.

Even at speed I still use a combination of front and rear as I was brought up on Motorcycles that didn't have the power of the front brake systems on more modern bikes. My old Norton Dominator 88 had ,"Drum" brakes :O

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try compressed air and an air gun shoved in the banjo hole. That's what I had to do, and it took 200 psi to get them loose. Oh, and be careful. You need to block them with a piece of wood. Otherwise, they'll fly out and dent your beautiful wife's expensive car. Don't ask me how I know.
Yes we have tried that at the garage and it won't budge.looking more like a replacement now
When you get it sorted and if you don't already then get used to using your rear brake when in slower traffic combined with feathering the front to stabilize lower speed maneuvers. Applying the rear brake at slow speeds not only gives you control but also means the rear brake caliper should never seize from lack of use which is the main culprit for brake calipers seizing.

Even at speed I still use a combination of front and rear as I was brought up on Motorcycles that didn't have the power of the front brake systems on more modern bikes. My old Norton Dominator 88 had ,"Drum" brakes :O
[/QUOTE I bought the sv650s 2000plate for £900, the mileage was 40,000 something, only just getting back on a bike after 11years, I gave up to have my kids, it come with an m.o.t ....(may have been a Dodge 1?) A few fairing cracks but I've re fibre glassed and sprayed
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Cleaned her up, and here she's is, I think Ive got a relay problem with the back indicators,making all turn signals fast.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,427 Posts
Tamsen Cooper had the same issue with her SV. Check out her video, it may help.

Reactions: Soulspinner

·
Registered
85 Posts
The easiest way to prevent this from happening is to flush and replace your brake fluid every two or three years. Brake fluid (like ethanol) is hygroscopic; it draws moisture out of the air which eventually causes rust to form in your calipers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts