Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Call me crazy, but I can't see how you can machine 10.4 pounds of metal out of a rotor that already weighs something like 7.5 pounds ('99-'02 models). Also, if the 10.4 pounds represents a 27% savings, then the stock rotor would have to weigh around 27.5 pounds.

Now I ask myself if that's intentional false advertising or just some really bad math on their part.

Lightening is great if you're racing. On the street it's a waste of money.

They may not do fronts because of the significantly higher loads the fronts take.

·
Registered
935 Posts
andyauger said:
Call me crazy, but I can't see how you can machine 10.4 pounds of metal out of a rotor that already weighs something like 7.5 pounds ('99-'02 models). Also, if the 10.4 pounds represents a 27% savings, then the stock rotor would have to weigh around 27.5 pounds.

Now I ask myself if that's intentional false advertising or just some really bad math on their part.

They may not do fronts because of the significantly higher loads the fronts take.
I was also thinking maybe it has something to do with the existing vent holes, as there are more, and they seem to be a little more widely dispearsed. Maybe theres no good way to get around them.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
andyauger said:

savings is in ounces, not pounds, andy :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.