Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm so i noticed the other day that my rear brake is sticking a little, as in after i release it it holds until i slide my foot under the pedal and lift up. Any ideas on how to cure the issue, or is it going to come down to me getting off my butt and lubing things up?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Most likely though it just has to do with getting off your butt and lubing it. After that I would just check the return springs to make sure they're not broken or somehow stretched out which could also be part of the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya figured as much. After a long winter of commuting in the rain and muck of the northwest, my motivation to work on my bike is lacking. **** im getting lazy...

·
Registered
102 Posts
This happened to me too this weekend after sitting covered in a parking lot after 5 days of rain. But in my case it is most likely due to using a dumb ass powdercoater who messed up my rear brake lever by powdercoating areas that shouldn't be. WD40 didn't penetrate. The original graphite lube I used must have worn down or washed away. I had to take the right rearset apart again and this time I used a white lithium lube (comparable to Susuki Super Grease A). Hopefully this last longer. You should use a torque wrench since the rear set bolts and rear master cylinder bolts don't require as much torque as one would think and it is easy to over tighten and strip the heads.

On a side note, the bike handles horribly when your rear brake is sticking. Could be very dangerous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts