Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Efnar just took a ride on my sv and noticed that my rear brakes weren't working very well at all. We took a look at it and it had about a mm left of pad left (YIKES!) on the rear brake and also found that the rotor is not smooth but has some grooves in it.

These grooves are very uniform, and also are not deep (it does not look like gouges but they look like very minor scratches), should i replace the rotor or something or is it ok?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Rotors are fairly cheap, as are pads. I'd replace it when you do your pads just for the added assurance.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Just to be on the safe side, make sure that all the spacers are in the rear wheel. The guys at the dealership who put a new set of tires on my bike forgot to put one of the spacers in and by the time I realized it there were grooves in my rotor.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to be on the safe side, make sure that all the spacers are in the rear wheel. The guys at the dealership who put a new set of tires on my bike forgot to put one of the spacers in and by the time I realized it there were grooves in my rotor.
spacers? got a diagram?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts