Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you guys doing, my 2003 svs was stored on my garage for the winter. When I took it out yesterday I was checking everything, to make shore everything was fine, turn on good and everything. To make a long story short when I press the rear brake pedal it was not working, the rear disc was not activating. The first thing that came to mind was to check the rear reservoir to see if it was empty but it was full. Everything looks fine the springs are connected good I don’t know what it is.

Can you guys give me some ideas into what could it be, thanks I appreciate the knowledge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi you guys doing, my 2003 svs was stored on my garage for the winter. When I took it out yesterday I was checking everything, to make shore everything was fine, turn on good and everything. To make a long story short when I press the rear brake pedal it was not working, the rear disc was not activating. The first thing that came to mind was to check the rear reservoir to see if it was empty but it was full. Everything looks fine the springs are connected good I don’t know what it is.

Can you guys give me some ideas into what could it be, thanks I appreciate the knowledge.
Is it leaking back at the rear caliper?
Is the brake pedal soft when you press it?
Its as simple as fluid being forced through the line and pushing the pads together. If there are no leaks the front cylinder has probobly gone bad and is just letting th fluid pass by when you hit the pedal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it leaking back at the rear caliper?
Is the brake pedal soft when you press it?
Its as simple as fluid being forced through the line and pushing the pads together. If there are no leaks the front cylinder has probobly gone bad and is just letting th fluid pass by when you hit the pedal.

The Pedal is soft but it's not leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts