Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I swapped out my thinning brakepads for a new set of EBC HH compound pads. They make a huge difference!

Anyway, when I was putting the new pads in the rear brake, I couldn't fit the inside (near the wheel) pad in the caliper! It was just a millimeter or so too wide. So, to fix this, I took the white plastic 'insulator' that sits between the pad and the clip that attaches to it out, and now it fits fine.

Does anyone know what this insulator is for? Am I going to have problems now that I've taken it out? I've already bedded the new pads in (25 stops from 25 mph, both front and back), and put an additional 100 miles or so of fun riding on them, and I really haven't noticed a difference, other than the pads gripping much, much better than the stockers. Should I worry?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not the problem, unfortunatly. The pad on the outside, where the pistons are, has pleanty of room. It's the other side, where the pad fits in between the disk and the fixed side of the caliper, that there isn't room.

I'm going to assume that since nobody's posting that this insulator thing is really important, nobody knows of a good reason to keep it. I'm going to not worry about it, and if I take off the brakes for some other reason, I might put it back in once the pad has worn down and there's room for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts