Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i've read everything i can find about the brakes, bleeding them, applying them ect

I've worked on plenty of cars brakes before an understand what is supposed to happen. I changed the front pads both sides no problems what so ever,

I hardly even have to apply the front brakes they work so good...... a lil tooo good lol.

Neways, the rear brake stopped working for no good reason at all about a yr ago. I never really messed with it, it was at the end of the season an decided i'd deal with it later. Well now its later.

I've tore it apart twice now, bled the crap out of it, filled it up at least 4 times maybe more. I pumped that pedal prolly over a couple hundred times, untill my arm was tired.

heres my bleeding proccess............ hand tight bleeder valve, pump 5 or 6 times or more with pedal pressed in unscrew valve for a second, hand tighten

repeat a million times i know theres no air in there, the dam thing just isn't building pressure.

what is the problem here? has anyone had to deal with this similar situation?

is the internals of the mastercylinder the guilty culprit, or is it the caliper?

maybe theres a trick to this that i don't know about maybe someone can school me. Please i'm desperate here

·
Registered
529 Posts
That master is tiny compared to a car. One air bubble and it is not going to pump up.

Go to a farm store and buy some of the large disposable syringes for livestock. Fill it with brake fluid and connect to the bleeder with a hose. Push the fluid back up to the reservoir. After that you will be able to build pressure and bleed the conventional way.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
That master is tiny compared to a car. One air bubble and it is not going to pump up.

Go to a farm store and buy some of the large disposable syringes for livestock. Fill it with brake fluid and connect to the bleeder with a hose. Push the fluid back up to the reservoir. After that you will be able to build pressure and bleed the conventional way.
I tried doing that last night and it's not working for me.

why why why can't I bleed brakes?!

Anyway, I tried filling up my lines by reverse bleeding it and fluid started to flow into the reservoir so I figured I was good. I tightened up the bleeder and pumped the pedal and each time a big air bubble escaped into the reservoir and more fluid went into the master. This went on for a few pumps then stopped.

So then I tried to bleed it the normal way and I'm only getting fluid out of the caliper bleeder, no air.

I think I have air trapped in the master cylinder, but I don't know how to get it out.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I feel your pain I had problems recently bleeding my brakes for the first time. The way to do it is open bleeder, slowly pump brake, hold pedal, close bleeder then slowly release the pedal. this will get all the air out. remember when you get finished then pump the pedal to get the firm feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts