Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got the shifter side lowering plate done on my 01 naked, and now it's on to the drivers side.

I'm working with these...

On the right side there is a tad bit of interference from the metal exhaust tab that bolts to the frame, but I figure if I shave 2-3mm off the top of the tab that problem is solved. Next problem is the spring that activates the brake light when you tap the rear brake.

Looks like I can lower the screw/perch that it hangs on on the bike side, and if that doesn't work I can probably just find a replacement at grainger. Very worst case, I just pull it off and let my front brake activate the light.

The only part I haven't figured out is what to do about the line from the reservoir to the rearset. it seems like it's going to be 1/4 to 1/2 an inch too short (although I haven't pulled the fender off to verify that yet...). In a perfect world, I'd find a way to lower the reservoir (maybe with a bracket attached to the frame?) so that I wouldn't have to swap the line out and bleed the brakes, and then un-do all of this if I want to ever go back to the oem location. Any thoughts? Think the brake line will make it and I'll be alright afterall?

Once I get this part figured out, I swear I'll stop bothering people with these stupid rearset questions lol.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sounds like time to ditch the rear res.

I didn't realize that this was an option...? I figured that the rear reservoir is a somewhat essential item...

EDIT: Googled the site and found this:
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=88469

I guess that's a solution... no one has any problems with the whole 'tube doesn't have a bladder and holds the fluid back' thing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.