Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still servicing this unused bike that I got and noticed that the rear brake caliper insulator was broken and the shim also looked like it is headed that way. Anyone know of aftermarket vendor selling this? OEM as usual is expensive as usual and the eBay is hit or miss

·
Registered
482 Posts
The way this brake looks I would not trust it with my life until I have replaced all the parts. Here in the US the OEM parts are not that expensive. The insulators are $13 (x2) and the retainers are $10 (x2). I have never come across those parts outside of OEM parts sellers.

For the other parts to rebuild your caliper, pistons, and seals you can get a complete kit on eBay from specialized vendors. All in all it will probably cost you a total of $100. But better do it right the first time. I bet the other parts of the caliper are in equally bad shape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was real tempted to get some sheet metal from home improvement store and cut it into these parts. After searching for quite some time I was able to find a local Finnish vendor for these parts :DShipping from partzilla would have been insane phew!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts