Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new pads on front and rear. The fronts were a pita to get bled but finally got it working fine. The rear however, bled easy. Or appeared to bleed easy. I have no pressure in the rear brake. It won't slow down or stop the bike at all. The only thing I did differently is added a Vortech hydraulic pressure switch. Once the bike cools down I am planning to drain the rear brake, remove the Vortech switch and put the stock bolt back on. I wanted to inquire if anyone had issues such as this with putting new pads on the rear before?
My other though is that I need to adjust the pressure of the rear Master Cylinder? I wanted to consult the boards for some advice before adjusting something I may have no business adjusting. I read a few threads before that some riders would adjust their rear MC, I am hoping this is it because I really need the vortech switch to wire up my rear brake light function for the Inspection.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After numerous bleeding attempts finally got it get pressure. It feels like it may need a tad more bleeding, I ran out of brake fluid though.

Brakes are working, front and rear. I expected more pressure/grabbing but I suppose it's just due to the bed in process. Once I get more fluid I will bleed one or two more times to see if pressure increases. Since the bike is nearly 10 years old I'm wondering if I should bother to rebuild the front Brake Master Cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts