Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Rear brake after wheel swap is weak

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  chris_meehl 
#1 ·
I have 06 SV650 that I had a bare rear tire. I bought a whole new wheel/sprocket/rotor off of ebay cheap that was on an 07 sv650s. Everything installed great but my rear brake now barely catches. I bled the brakes and still no different. It still seems to open/close fine, it's almost like the new rotor is just thinner.
I don't have the service manual (shame on me, I know), but is there any other way to fix this other than to pull the rear wheel off again and switch it back to the original rotor?

#6 ·
I did a very long and tedious brake bleed last night and the problem is solved. Because the brakes were barely catching, it took forever to get any pressure. I think I had a bubble in the line that was only started coming out when I could get some real pressure on the rear brake. Thanks for the help everybody.

#7 ·
I've seen people mention that bleeding the rear brake on the sv650 is easy. I had the worst time bleeding mine even with this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV8000-Automotive-Test-Bleeding/dp/B00265M9SS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348577051&sr=8-2&keywords=mityvac[/ame]

I had to purchase it because I spent about 1 hour trying to bleed without it and no luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.