Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup - time for new shoes.....a few pair. I'm on my feet for about 10 hrs a day have worn out everything I own. I want something current but seriously comfy. My Dansko's are, well......typical "chef" shoes and the heels and often be a bit narrow. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Does it have to be a shoe? I religiously wear Bates Uniform boots, great traction, comfortable once broken in, supportive of the ankle (good for me due to an injury). They are often issued to police departments and whatnot. Upper end models aren't cheap but I've been wearing them for a good 4 years now and I'll never wear anything else for everyday wear. Except when wearing shorts of course...

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it have to be a shoe? I religiously wear Bates Uniform boots, great traction, comfortable once broken in, supportive of the ankle (good for me due to an injury). They are often issued to police departments and whatnot. Upper end models aren't cheap but I've been wearing them for a good 4 years now and I'll never wear anything else for everyday wear. Except when wearing shorts of course...

spose not - I'm open to any suggestions - thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
spose not - I'm open to any suggestions - thanks.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/productlist.asp?ptclass=brand&brandid=88&ptcat=Bates&gen=m&attribute_value_string|AgeGroupID=1&attribute_value_string|Brand%20Name=Bates&brand_category|0=BrandCategories~brand_root&brand_category|705=Law%20Enforcement~brand_0

Probably a little too rugged looking for most people, but I swear by them now. Once broken in, I can easily sprint in them nearly as good as a shoe, I stand for hours on end with them on. Works great on motorcycles. You mentioned your previous shoe being a "chef" shoe, do ya work in the kitchen? I do, and these boots are very slip resistant.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I wear Hi-Tec hiking boots. They aren't spendy, have great support, and certain models make decent every-day riding boots.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah - really more interested in a "shoe" than boot. I looked at some of Timberland's new line and they look pretty good........

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how nice looking or not they would have to be, but I swear by New Balance. I have a slightly wider foot then average so they are a great fit. Can stand in them for hours with no problems.

As for Timberlands, I have a couple pairs of their Pro Series that I use for work. Absolutely amazing. Only last for about a year for about 6 months with what I put em through, but they provide great support and cushion very nice too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts