Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
uhm...wtf? Is this guy depressed about his divorce and loss of his bike? Or does he really have a valid point about leaving tires in a room temperature for a long time gives you more grip???

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Well, it works for bicyclists but they hardly have the same demands or temperatures that motorcycle tires see.
Could be good but there is a great deal of techonology in tires... too much for me to take a chance on a possible dry-rot. If it's worth it, manufacturers will start selling aged tires.

Josh

·
Registered
332 Posts
From my first hand, ashpalt surfing, experience fresh, new, un-aged tires stick best.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
that's the stupidest thing i've every heard! aging a motorcycle tire gives it less stick. probably lance armstrong's bicycle tire was cooled at room temp from the melted-rubber state-- i doubt it was aged after the rubber was artificially cooled.

that quite possible the lamest advertisement for a tire ever!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Lance's tires were (are) kept in his mechanics basement as a completed tire. Not some 'special' factory process. Off the shelf stuff stuck in a basement.

This idiot with his Pilot contradicts himself beyond measure. If he stunts - he doesn't care WHAT tire is on there as long as it's rubber.

Besides - tire technology has come a nice long distance in the last four years.

Moe-ron

·
Registered
96 Posts
nutmeg - I love the little cartoon in your signature. That is so funny. Gruesome, but hilarious

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HartSplash said:
nutmeg - I love the little cartoon in your signature.  That is so funny.  Gruesome, but hilarious
Hey, thanks.
I love it, but some people didn't appreciate it.
Oh, well.
I have plenty others to gross them out.
;D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
HartSplash said:
nutmeg - I love the little cartoon in your signature. That is so funny. Gruesome, but hilarious

LOL! ;D I just swallowed my gum. Ack, ack, cough...

·
Registered
285 Posts
You gotta give the guy credit for creative marketing there.... he even did research on a related product! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts