Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i wrecked at daytona and broke the shifter off. i put a new one on and the bike would not shift. so i took the clutch basket out to look at the gear change mechanisim. when i looked inside there were the gears and the shift mechanism that is on the spring. that shift mechanism was off of where it should be and was kind of hanging. so i pulled it back a little and put it back over the piece with all the little knobbys sticking out. then the bike shifted into neutral but would not shift into any gear could this be becasue i didnt have the clutch assembly back in yet so it would apper in neutral? or do i need to look into the transmission. im thinking that trans must have taken a pretty hard jolt to make that shift mechanism to fall off

G

·
iflylikeaneagle said:
ok so i wrecked at daytona and broke the shifter off. i put a new one on and the bike would not shift. so i took the clutch basket out to look at the gear change mechanisim. when i looked inside there were the gears and the shift mechanism that is on the spring. that shift mechanism was off of where it should be and was kind of hanging. so i pulled it back a little and put it back over the piece with all the little knobbys sticking out. then the bike shifted into neutral but would not shift into any gear could this be becasue i didnt have the clutch assembly back in yet so it would apper in neutral? or do i need to look into the transmission. im thinking that trans must have taken a pretty hard jolt to make that shift mechanism to fall off
did you check circle clip holding shift shaft in place on left side of engine.
spin wheel when trying to shift.if tranny is not spining and dogs dont align it will never go in gear.
you dont need clutch.
shift shaft is not conected to gears and it damaging gears is not likely.only connection is at those pins.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Try rolling the bike backward to see if anything is binding. I know this isn't likely but seeing how your detent wheel was off of the star, the gear fork/s may have popped out of the shift drum, or even broken the shift fork. Again unlikely but it could happen. The worse news is you're going to have to open the crank cases up to fix.

Grav.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts