Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SVR!!!

So excited to get back to nerding it online with fellow riders!

After about a 3 year hiatus from riding due to lack of funds, my buddy just handed me his old 2005 sv650s! One catch, he and the bike got hit by a red light runner about an year ago (he is now riding a 675). The plastics are meh.. but the main issue is bend in the forks. :sbmfacepalm:
(hoping to find someone here who will post up their sv old front end for sale after having done the gsxr swap)
I hauled it over to Riverside from Los Angeles yesterday, so the hard part is behind me now haha!

I hope to restore this bike and get it running again someday soon, and look forward to turning to the community here (and the search bar) for support :D

Going to get a new battery today and search all over this forum to learn how to remove the old gasoline that's in the tank so that I can at least fire up this bad boy!!

Cheers to all the riders out there!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well, You've got the right idea on a front end replacement. Many have done the GSXR front end replacements and I'm sure there's a few of them that will be available.

Welcome to SVR. :)

:fiddy:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Going to get a new battery today and search all over this forum to learn how to remove the old gasoline that's in the tank so that I can at least fire up this bad boy!!
Welcome!
Any chance of you posting before and after (and maybe in process) pics?

Regarding your gas issue, when I got my bike, I drained the tank by stuffing a hose through the fill port, down into the bottom of the tank and siphoned it into a spare gas can (disposed of it later by mixing it in with the gas for the lawn mower).

If the gas in the tank is bad you should probably pull the carbs and clean them... The gas in mine had evaporated and clogged the pilot jets.

Sent from my back pocket using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
woot!

Just a few days in and I'm already getting advice! Thank you all :D

YES I will have lots and lots of painfully detailed before, during, and after pictures for everyone's enjoyment, mostly my own :lmao:

Wish the new quarter (yesh, still in college) didn't have to start tomorrow and I could spend forever on this bike.. what a major co*kblock!

Still haven't been able to figure out how folks are holding up their bikes while switching out their forks.. I've view so many pictures and videos and it just seems like they are maybe putting it on a pile of wood blocks or hoisting the frame from the ceiling (which I don't have the option of doing).

The quest continues!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts