Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my 6'1" 220lb fat ass is beginning to eat away at my rear tire, I've decided to finally raise my bike. Previous owner was MUCH shorter than me.
I went ahead and bought stock dog bones to switch out the aftermarket ones. I will be doing the job myself, so I am planning on purchasing the Venon Motorcycle Front + Rear dual stands along with a ZENY Wide Deck Lift Jack off Amazon.
I'm pretty sure I will need a new kickstand to compensate for the enormous lift.
Should I go with stock oem or find something else online?
What are all the kickstand parts I will require?
Also, as other members on this site have stated before, the forks will need work as well to balance the geometry. Whats my first plan of action there?
Thanks guys!
See the pic.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
rather than a jack, I'd recommend either hanging the bike from above or using a steel tube under the subframe

without knowing what's been done to your forks, it's hard to know what's needed to fix it

I'd go with a stock kickstand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rather than a jack, I'd recommend either hanging the bike from above or using a steel tube under the subframe

without knowing what's been done to your forks, it's hard to know what's needed to fix it

I'd go with a stock kickstand
Yes that's what I am thinking. I just purchased stock off eBay. Will the springs and bolts from my current one work on that?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I would expect it would, but it's hard to know without knowing what springs/bolt you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts