992 Posts
Re-Mapping: PCIII, Teka, Yosh & Techlusion

installed a Bazzaz with auto tune today. my setup is:
2009 SV650
sv1000 snorkel with full air box
K&N
42mm bored throttle bodies
Full M4 exhaust

Here's the point - when I started taking A/F readings before allowing the auto tune to make changes the bike was running 16.2-16.5 AFR! I'm really surprised it was that high. I thought that the 07+ ran lean from the factory but man. I wouldn't think bored TBs and a full exhaust cause the bike to run THAT lean?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Here's the point - when I started taking A/F readings before allowing the auto tune to make changes the bike was running 16.2-16.5 AFR! I'm really surprised it was that high. I thought that the 07+ ran lean from the factory? Also, wouldn't bored TBs and a full exhaust cause the bike to run lean?
They do run lean from the factory, and I'm sure bored TBs and a full exhaust just made it even leaner. The 16.2 is crazy lean!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Gonna bump this with a question.

I have a 06 SV650 with a power commander installed, and just picked up a 08 that'd I'd like to swap it over to.

Power Commander has them listed as two different part numbers, do I need to pick up a 07/08 specific PCIII? Or can I swap over the one that is on the 06?

·
Registered
10 Posts
They do run lean from the factory, and I'm sure bored TBs and a full exhaust just made it even leaner. The 16.2 is crazy lean!!!
I bought the PCIII off you a few months ago. What is yours mapped for? I am running a Yoshi TRS with stock header and air filter. I was going to try the PC as is and see how it feels.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I bought the PCIII off you a few months ago. What is yours mapped for? I am running a Yoshi TRS with stock header and air filter. I was going to try the PC as is and see how it feels.
It had a M4 slip on map loaded. It should be really close.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone here use ECU Editor / Woolich Racing? Seems like reprogramming could be almost free if you made your own cable. Still hunting for details.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd love to get the ECU on Suzie re-mapped, found an outfit on-line, to do it, changing quite a few parameters, but Christ, nearly five bills, inc. return shipping. I an't rich.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd love to get the ECU on Suzie re-mapped, found an outfit on-line, to do it, changing quite a few parameters, but Christ, nearly five bills, inc. return shipping. I ain't rich.
Not only that, Suzie's my only 'horse', I'd be taking city busses, and walking for around a week.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts